Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Human Embryo Experimentation

Human Embryo Experimentation

Post by Guest on Sat 13 Oct 2007, 7:22 pm

Should there be human embryo experimentation?
    Shinkirou
    S-Class
    S-Class

Re: Human Embryo Experimentation

Post by Shinkirou on Sat 13 Oct 2007, 7:26 pm

Yes, most definately. A human embryo, by biological definitions, is not sentient. It has no central nervous system. Millions of people could be helped by this research, and adult stem cell lines are too limited to completely heal some conditions. On top of this, hundreds of these embryos are thrown out by fertility clinics each year! Why not use them to help people?
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 on Sat 13 Oct 2007, 7:28 pm

Because sum might say that is in human, i don't i say if the can find a cure for sumthing y not do it...

Post by Guest on Sat 13 Oct 2007, 7:34 pm

It's not human yet.
    :/

There is a 19 day interval before the embryo feels "pain" , if I remembered correctly.

These experimental help can find cures for diseases.
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 on Sat 13 Oct 2007, 7:36 pm

But it is a not so human being (i agree with u, but it is so boring if everyone agrees with each other big grin )

Post by Guest on Sat 13 Oct 2007, 7:42 pm

Not everyone thinks the 19 day rule is real. They think it's just a myth and these experimentations are morally bad for the society.
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 on Sat 13 Oct 2007, 7:50 pm

Lol i agree with ya there a myth it is not like ucan read a embryo's mind to c if it is hurt
    Shinkirou
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by Shinkirou on Sat 13 Oct 2007, 7:50 pm

Most stem cell research is performed shortly after karyogamy (nuclei fusion). The "embryo" that they are experimenting on is a clump of cells that can barely be seen with the naked eye. These cells have barely begun to differentiate, there is no way that pain could possibly be felt at this stage. Scientists would never experiment on an embryo that can feel pain because 1) it is highly unethical and 2) it's stemcells are practically useless anyway, since they have already differentiated themselves and have limited capabilities.
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 on Sat 13 Oct 2007, 7:56 pm

dang u are smart.... i am not going to talk to u anymore u really make me feel dumb... sike
    i never new that before ty for the info
    Shinkirou
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by Shinkirou on Sat 13 Oct 2007, 8:01 pm

YW ^^
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 on Sun 14 Oct 2007, 12:48 pm

Soo i think it they should
    Shinkirou
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by Shinkirou on Sun 14 Oct 2007, 1:19 pm

Me too :)

Post by Guest on Sun 14 Oct 2007, 3:56 pm

My mistake. It's 14 days before the spinal cord develops.
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge :

Post by Kyouri Kai on Mon 15 Oct 2007, 12:42 pm

I agree with finding cures for ailments. But what I agree most with is preventative measures and not post-curing. The problem, and many examples can be cited, is that the scientific community will not leave it at such a stage of only experimenting with embryos that are 1-13 days old. Give anyone with a mountain of financing an inch, and they will take the mile.

It is sad that the world has come to the point that we use embryos to try and help cure something that is either 1) natural occurance in the balance of nature, or 2) a man-made ailment for the purpose of trying to outdo the next country in some type of chemical or biological warfare.

I do not doubt that there are scientists that mean well by their research and have no other reason for doing it other than to help out all humanity. However, I also do not doubt that this type of research will also be harnessed by those that intend to do nothing more than 'play god', so to speak. It can, and WILL, end up in stages of where humanity would have been much better off had stem cell research never been allowed.

Humanity has far too much growing up to do before it takes leaps into a realm that far surpasses humanities maturity to properly deal with the possible, and probable results of such knowledge.

So my personal stance on the embryonic stem cell research is........ Neutral.
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 on Mon 15 Oct 2007, 9:11 pm

ok i really don't know anything so i am just going to agree big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content