Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

    Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Share
    avatar
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

    Knowledge :

    Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Kyouri Kai on Tue 21 Oct 2008, 2:29 pm

    First, let's start out with Hawaii's upcoming bankruptcy. Within 7 weeks Hawaii will be bankrupt due to its Health Care Plan that it implented only a decade and a half ago. The SAME health care plan that Obama is shoving down our throats in every single one of his "change" commercials. (Here's one for ya, Obama... If you truly want change, try changing your commercials once in awhile; they're getting old.) CNN Glosses Over Failure of Universal Health Care

    Hawaii's bankrupt issue is not one that most people are going to see presented by the mainstream media, but know this.. Obama just left for Hawaii "to visit his ailing grandmother". Yeah, right!

    Next, let's take a look at some more reality:
    "Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy.
    The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old
    senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it
    standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

    "I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might
    originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the
    Middle East and Russia as possibilities
    . NewsBuster.org

    Interesting, eh? Biden, Obama's running mate who is only one step away from becoming president, spoke these words on Sunday October 19, 2008.

    Sure, we can twist it around anyway we choose to grasp the true meaning of what Biden said, but all one really need to do is remember that 1) Biden is an attorney by profession, and 2) he's been a politician for a long time. So all to you youngin's that think you know about politics, try removing what you think you know, and look at the reality of the situation.

    If Obama is elected this country, mainly the middle class that he speaks so directly to, will end up bankrupt and at war... a war Obama has no clue about how to oversee.

    Does this mean that McCain will do a superb job as president of the United States? No. But between the two, I'd choose McCain over Obama any day. Although, admittedly, I do have reservations about Palin's ability to do a presidential job if McCain drops over while in office. However, I NEVER want to see Biden as president, either.

    Btw.. on a closing note -
    As soon as Obama decided to push (and help fund) the mobile voting booths, in the state of Indiana, where absentee voting as been going on, and at an all time high, for the past month, we now have a record high of registered voters.... 160%!!!! Isn't that amazing? Who would have thought that an extra 60% of voters over the 100% of eligible voters would have registered to vote. I simply cannot wait until the polls are closed to see just how many of those 160% that are registered actually voted. lmao
    avatar
    sharingan09
    hachi'dan
    hachi'dan


    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by sharingan09 on Thu 23 Oct 2008, 7:57 am

    This is weird, because at first it was all "Obama will be the best thing for the U.S" and all that and now I'm hearing so much bad things about him. But I still dont trust John Mccain mainly because of some of his policies and Palen..

    Even though I dont live in the U.S xP This whole thing is starting to get scary ><
    avatar
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Kyouri Kai on Thu 23 Oct 2008, 3:00 pm

    Oh dear, scary indeed! I keep learning about more and more things everyday that make me wonder just how much truth there is to conspiracy theories.

    A short while back, in years, the U.S. was warned from the Muslim extremists that they would take over our country from the inside... no more real attacks like what happened in 2001. With Obama's ties to some of the most known and proven bandits of the 21st century, and his highly secretive childhood and family heritage, it kinda makes me wonder. (emphasis added because we all know that all politicians have links to bad guys.)

    The thing that makes me perk up an eyebrow is that Obama tried to get passed 3 different bills that would outlaw handguns in the U.S. and anyone killing a person in their own home would be automatically jailed for murder. That raised two questions for me:
    1) If I had actually killed the guy that I shot, in my own home, while trying to defend myself, my child, and my home, why would I have been put up on murder charges? and
    2) How are we supposed to defend ourselves if say, some extremist or radical decides to take over and run up into our homes? Are we gonna go to jail because we a) possess a handgun, and b) because we shoot the f8cker on sight and kill him before he kills us?

    Part of me wants to believe that I'm just being a bit over-zealous with my assumptions, but the realist part of me knows that if Obama is elected, and isn't assassinated while in office (soon), we will be living in a Socialist society where the first and second amendments of our original constitution no longer have any meaning.

    More realism is that if Obama loses the election, there will be riots all across the U.S. and racism will be the 'excuse' that is used. And if Obama is elected and gets killed while in office, there will be a civil war amongst the races in the U.S. Nothing good, in my opinion, is coming from this man even running for president of the United States, not because of his skin color, but because of his ties with the wrong sort of people.
    avatar
    sharingan09
    hachi'dan
    hachi'dan


    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by sharingan09 on Fri 24 Oct 2008, 5:09 am

    Well politicians and government is what caused the 2001 bombings and Bush.. I just found out that Al Gore had more votes but the supreme court made Bush president instead? Whattup with that? Do you think it would have been better with Al Gore?

    Outlawing guns would be pretty stupid and many more people would get hurt without guns then people that kill other people with guns..

    True about the riots and Civil war part.. I hate black people that are always saying racist things and then saying that the other person is racist? its been like 400 years since they were released and most of them waste their lives by being "gangsters" and what not, total disrespect to their ancestors.

    Obama and Mccain kinda remind me of the Revelation in the bible, if youve ever read it. it says what will happen before end of the world and that the anti-christ will be a man everyone trusts and respects and he will bring the devil in to this world, which will then bring about its end.

    Even though I'm more or less of a Christian anymore its still suspicious with everything thats happening..

    And I cant believe his own VP candidate would say those things >>
    avatar
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Kyouri Kai on Fri 24 Oct 2008, 2:17 pm

    Bush isn't the first president elected with the least amount of popular votes. Unfortunately, we have this thing called the 'electoral college' where each state gets a certain amount of 'electoral' votes depending upon their population. If a candidate wins that particular state, then no matter how many popular votes his opponent may win, he gets the electoral votes. Each state has a different amount of electoral votes, obviously, because each state has a different amount of people. I've never liked the electoral college voting and think it takes away from the 'majority' which is the rule of thumb for true democracy.. majority rules.

    As for Al Gore having been elected instead of Bush... I really can't answer that question, as it would be nothing more than mere assumption. But I can say that it wasn't Bush that brought on the 2001 bombings. Those extremists had been planning the attacks before Bush was elected. It took more than Bush's 9 months in office and 11 months since he had been elected for them to pull off such a stunt. There was alot of planning and preparation going on. So blaming Bush really isn't fair. Now, how Bush handled the aftermath after the bombings is completely open for debate to many people.

    And I agree about the outlawing the handguns.. it has been proven that a society that allows, and some instances requires, the carrying of handguns is a much more non-violent society than one that outlaws them. However, one does not see too many people being shot to death in Japan, yet they haven't outlawed carrying katanas and shurikens, either.. the U.S. has had the carrying of them outlawed for decades.

    I'm very versed in the bible (even though I'm not christian) and really, one can look all the way back throughout the history of the world and see where Revelations fits in. It would be just as easy to look at Nostrodamus, Black Elk, Mother Shipton, the Mayan calendar, etc., and also see where things that have already occurred fit, as well as what is happening today. Personally, I tend to look outside the box (or books) and see what the cosmos is doing. Whether people want to admit it or not, the pull of the other planets as well as their alignment plays a huge part on our human psyche. Again, proven that people tend to tense up and the hospital emergency rooms fill up during the phase of a full moon.

    But yes, I am very suscipious of everything that is happening, too. I try not to leave anything to chance or second guess, but when you have a human populous that tends to enjoy having others think for them instead of thinking for themselves, then it only fuels the flames of those that make lying natural to the fiber of their very being.
    avatar
    stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class


    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by stan_da_man on Mon 27 Oct 2008, 7:17 pm

    I really have nothing to say here, but each candidate has their individual strengths and weaknesses. Granted, I do lean more for Obama. But what I don;t understand is why are people stereotyping and making all these damn assumptions when the rumors of him being Muslim surfaced? I would rather have an intelligent Muslim president than a foolish Christian president any day.

    But, I think Chuck D summed up my thoughts perfectly when he said, "Neither party's mine, not the jackass nor the elephant."
    avatar
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Kyouri Kai on Tue 28 Oct 2008, 7:46 pm

    LOL.. Agree with that Chuck D! I've never liked the party division whatsoever, which one of the main reasons that I've never voted before.. for any candidate in any political race.

    I'll have to admit that I'm McCain leaning, but not because I find him to be an all honest guy, but the lesser of the two evils. That's not meant toward their beliefs, for I am in no way shape or form part of any religion, and never will be.

    As for Obama's affiliation with the Muslims, there is nothing at all wrong with that, so long as those Muslims are not part of the extremists.. and unfortunately, they are. I've never understood why there was such a huge division between the two, especially when the histories of both religions are wrought with bloodshed, and not just against each other. But meh.. that's history. What matters is now. Personally, I'd rather see a total agnostic become president than a person with any particular religious leaning at all, especially since the U.S. is supposed to be a separation of church and state.

    Now, as for some more news on Obama.. and anyone is free to start one up on any of the other candidates... I only started this one because it was fresh news at the time and I wanted to share..

    Obama has been saying all along that his tax plan would only affect those that make 250K/yr. Today, I hear his plan has changed and will now affect those that make 200K/yr. That's the problem that I have with Obama... if he can't make a decision and stick with it now, what the hell is he going to do if he's president?

    Also, I'm a major advocate of 'no-spin', and right now, the Democratics are creating so much spin that a ferris wheel would come off its pins and roll right out of sight. That's not to say that McCain hasn't put some spin on some issues, too.. quite the contrary, he has, but as this is the Obama thread.. well.. yea.

    I do have a real question about Obama's candicy, like why won't he release his birth certificate? One of the requirements to run for president to be an American citizen. If he's truly a citizen, then why not prove it? What is so harmful about producing his birth certificate? Every other candidate has done so. Just because his father is head of a Kenyan tribe and his brother still lives in Kenya.. yes, his brother.. if he is a native or even a naturalized citizen of the U.S.... prove it, it's no big deal where his father lives, in my opinion. It's folly to trust people that have everything to hide.

    Also, the attacks on Sarah Palin's wardrobe is simply ridiculous! How about the many thousands of tax-payer dollars that was donated to the Obama campaign by the DNC being given away to voters? That wasn't Obama's money to give away, no more than the money the RNC used to purchase Palin's clothes. And on top of that, why won't Obama release the list of his donators? McCain has.

    These are my problems with Obama.. mainly, he isn't as open as he expects his opponent to be, and then he critizes his opponent with the open information he obtains, while hiding all of his own???? Something's just not right, or even fair, about that.
    avatar
    sharingan09
    hachi'dan
    hachi'dan


    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by sharingan09 on Thu 30 Oct 2008, 1:05 am

    I didn't know all that about Obama.. what IF some of his donators were in fact part of Al Qaeda o.o I still dont trust either though..

    Did you hear that Mccain called Palin a stupid diva or something? XD

    All those things that Obama hides is what is freaky and just like you said he changes one of his policies to another so what will he do as President? Keep changing everything he has said like he didnt even think clearly through it?
    avatar
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Kyouri Kai on Tue 04 Nov 2008, 9:59 am

    It is so difficult to say what anyone will do once they become president, as most people should know that the president's power is limited to that of the congress. So not any one president can keep true on all their campaign promises unless their party also controls the house and the senate.

    Another tid-bit of info... When Obama went to Hawaii to see his ailing grandmother, to which he spent less than 24 hours in Hawaii, he also had a meeting with the governor of Hawaii and had all his birth records sealed... on top of that, his aunt that lives in Maryland is now being deported because she's not a U.S. citizen, and then his grandmother dies two days later? With no one left in the U.S. to disclose Obama's true identity, it seems he's home free with all those that watch him speak without listening to what he is truly saying.

    I hadn't made up my mind on who I was going to vote for, or if I was actually going to vote at all, until last week. As a matter of fact, I was rooting for Obama over Hilary Clinton all the way. But now that some backdoor info has been released, and why the other side hasn't made sure it became pure public knowledge is beyond me, but now that the info is out there, I believe this country will be in a really poor spot if Obama is elected. Especially if the Democrats gain even more control over the congress and end up controlling the senate as well.

    But, it's no surprise that over 50% of the population believe the media was bias against McCain.. which is how its always been, tho, and yet we've seen Republicans elected into office. I just hope this another election where the people see the truth before it's too late. Talk about unethical... Palin was proven innocent, while Obama's ethics are being questioned more and more everyday. Too bad the actual verdict on Palin's innocence didn't hit the media until late last night, the night before the elections. *sigh*
    avatar
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Watari on Tue 04 Nov 2008, 1:09 pm

    To be quite honest through all the research I have done, I actually think Obama is the lesser of the 2 evils (if Ron Paul made the Republican ticket I might have voted for him) but McCain just follows to closely to the Bush administration which to me doesn't bode well (even though he's tried to state that he would make his time in office different from Bush's time, but I have a hard time believing that considering his record and even looking at his term as Arizona Gov') But either way I voted for the Alaskan Independent on the ballot Razz only because none of them have amazed me in anyway shape or form, and I know the independent won't get into office, I'll give my vote to the small guy.

    The main reason I was there was for the Senator race for Alaska, Ted Steven and Don Young, both under investigation for misuse of funds/not declaring gives on a financial statement. So that was my #1 reason for being there Razz
    avatar
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Kyouri Kai on Tue 04 Nov 2008, 3:55 pm

    To be honest, and lord knows this is really taking me great effort to say, I'd rather have another 4 years of Bush than Obama, any day. *falls over* I'm not impressed at all with the Bush administration and as everyone knows now, I did NOT vote for Bush.. or anyone else, for that matter. But again, it's not all in the presidency. The house and senate control a major part of what happens in the U.S., sometimes more so than the president does. The congress has been controlled by the Dems for the past two years, and while that isn't enough to cause the major devastation that the U.S. has encountered as of late, it sure as hell didn't do anything to curb it, either. If they're so great, why is it that in the last two years we've seen more economic crisis than ever? And for anyone that says it's because of Bush and his war, don't forget that the majority of democrats voted for the war, too. Yes, I agree that we should get it over with and bring our troops home, but I also disagree that it should be at the whims of the leaders of Al Queada, Pakistan, Palestine, etc... all the people Obama has been talking to.

    Seriously, if people would do just a wee bit of looking into the future it would show that we have two options:
    1) Obama as president + democratically controlled congress = socialism and a loss of our 1st and 2nd amendment rights.
    2) McCain as president + democratically controlled congress = a checks and balances system our countries forefathers designed.

    Again, between the two, Obama is the greater of the two evils in my opinion. And no disrespect what-so-ever, Watari, but exactly what research are you referring to that would show McCain is worse than a man that continues to live in the same voting precinct as Ayers, Farrakhan, and a minister that is the poster child for the Black Panthers; who hides his birth identity; holds talks with known foreign terrorist leaders; and has tried 3 times to pass bills to ban the right to own guns and consider it automatic murder even if you kill someone in your own home while protecting yourself/family/home?
    avatar
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Watari on Tue 04 Nov 2008, 5:37 pm

    Just look at McCains rep from when he was gov' of Arizona, he hardly did jack for his state, I mean the only reason to vote for McCain would be hope that Palin would running things shortly (I know that's bad but it's the truth). I don't believe that Obama is a muslim extremist, if he were he would have been doing things in his time in the senate to offset things like that, and trying to remove the right to bear arms isn't feesible as it's in the constitution and just won't happen, so that shouldn't even be an issue. But also McCain, his voting history in the senate is equally unimpressive, lets look at his track on the issue of abortion which I firmly believe it's a womans choice and yet McCain has voted against it many times over.

    BTW all my sources are currently coming from http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=53270

    Got that from a friend of mine who watches politics like a hawk Razz Me and him differ severly on this election but we maintain a mutual respect for one another.

    He also voted no on a package for Disaster Relief 1992-Passage which would provide relief for the LA riots and Chicago flooding. He has so far been unimpressive in the area of alternate energy exploration and scientific exploration such as this one he did Super Collider - Tabling Motion which he voted yes on which as the bill read "killed funding" for scientific exploration so far all his records are sitting at voting for oil exploration, there are other venues of energy out there.

    Even though both of them voted yes on this, it's a strike against them both for me, HR 1424: Second Economic Package which was the bailout.

    I don't even begin to understand how you could even begin to want to have another 4 years of bush in the office, Bush's time in office was so down right horrible that it really should be wiped from the records, he never did anything amazing in office, he didn't do anything to really help the country at all, most of what he did do is harm the country and McCain will do the same, I'm not saying Obama is the savior of the country but he cannot be as bad as McCain but what Obama does have a 1 up on McCain is that he won't be another Bush... Again I state if Ron Paul would have continued running I would have voted for him (now that I think about it I should have just wrote him in instead of the Alaska Independent) I just fail to see how McCain is in any way, shape, or form better than Obama, and I don't buy the "OMG he's got ties to muslims and his name is Obama and we can't look at his birth records" that means crap to me to be quite honest and 90% of it is unsubstantiated anyway, you show me hardcore evidence that Obama is less capable to run this country than McCain I would love to see it.

    Conspiracy theories are mostly full of it which is why I won't listen to the muslim, black panther jargon and as for the birth identity.. so what?! Yes he's a presidential canidate but he still has rights just like each and everyone of us does, so I say if that's what he wants then so be it.

    Wow.. this got long.. anyway I have always urged people not to follow the conspiracy theories and media jargon when making a decision on a candiate but rather their record in any public office, I know if you go searching around on the web you can find McCains record of his time as Gov of Arizona, the only reason I really know about his time is because my uncle lives in Arizona and so I got to hear about it from him.
    avatar
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Kyouri Kai on Tue 04 Nov 2008, 7:14 pm

    LOL.. "I mean the only reason to vote for McCain would be hope that Palin would running things shortly..." Ok, that was funny. Razz

    First, let me point out that none of the things I've mentioned about Obama have been on the mainstream media. Why not? And it's not a conspiracy theory when the facts are the facts. If anyone can do the most basic of mathematics it's not difficult to add up 'no guns + extremist ties = bad news for AMERICANS'. And where do you come up with 90% of the truth .. not conspiracy .. about Obama hiding his information is unsubstantiated? The one thing I don't do is spout off something I truly believe in if it hasn't been substantiated, unless I either follow it up with or precede it with 'in my opinion'.

    Second, if you fully read my post you would have seen that i DON'T want another 4 years of Bush in office, which was precisely my point.. if I'd rather see Bush than Obama, then it should show anyone just how much I don't want Obama as my next president.

    Third, we are not talking about McCain decades ago as Governor of Arizona, but what he's done since Arizona has continuously re-elected him into the Senate. Shoot, we could go back into Obama's local office stints, too, and I'm sure we'd find even more underhanded things that occurred. Politicians are politicians, but one only need read everything I've posted in this thread to ask, 'why doesn't Obama want to show the people the same information that ALL other politicians show when running for the presidency?' Anyone in their right mind would immediately wonder what the guy has to hide. It's not like anyone is asking to see anything as it pertains to his daughters, which I do feel should remain private at all costs.

    Fourth, If Fred Thompson hadn't dropped out, I would have voted for him over McCain in a heartbeat. I might have even voted, if I could have, as (D) John Edwards as his vp. But, since we're left with these guys, and everyone knows that one or the other is going to win, again, I choose what I believe to be the lesser of the two evils.

    Fifth, when it comes to abortion, I don't give a rats ass if McCain voted against it. It won't fly, and he knows that every time the issue comes up. However, 1) I totally appreciate the fact that he sticks to his morals on that, even though I disagree with it, and 2) it's much better than Obama voting for partial birth abortion and voting against any medical care for those babies if they are found to still be alive upon that early birth. That is down-right evil!!! But perhaps one needs to be a parent to appreciate that in the manner that I do, I don't know. While I agree that a woman.. AND a man.. about to have a child has the right to decide upon having that child, aborting that child, or giving it up for adoption, my personal feelings are to keep that child. But my personal feelings should not dictate what others do with their bodies. Although, again, a life is a life, and once that fetus is born, no matter how premature, it is up to the medical establishment to do what it can to keep that infant alive. There are millions of couples that cannot conceive and would love to adopt, but for Obama to say 'No'??? WTF???
    avatar
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Watari on Tue 04 Nov 2008, 7:55 pm

    Kyouri wrote:LOL.. "I mean the only reason to vote for McCain would be hope that Palin would running things shortly..." Ok, that was funny. Razz

    I do try.... Razz

    Kyouri wrote:First, let me point out that none of the things I've mentioned about Obama have been on the mainstream media. Why not? And it's not a conspiracy theory when the facts are the facts. If anyone can do the most basic of mathematics it's not difficult to add up 'no guns + extremist ties = bad news for AMERICANS'. And where do you come up with 90% of the truth .. not conspiracy .. about Obama hiding his information is unsubstantiated? The one thing I don't do is spout off something I truly believe in if it hasn't been substantiated, unless I either follow it up with or precede it with 'in my opinion'.

    Now what would you consider a fact? I would ask you then is it not true that many, many, many other people have tried to take away the second amemdment? Do you consider these individuals to be terrorist and what are these terrorist ties that Obama has that you speak of? That right there is still very much unsubstantiated, I cannot find anything to prove that these ties exist.

    Kyouri wrote:Second, if you fully read my post you would have seen that i DON'T want another 4 years of Bush in office, which was precisely my point.. if I'd rather see Bush than Obama, then it should show anyone just how much I don't want Obama as my next president.

    Then if you don't want another 4 years of Bush why stick up for McCain, he's just the same and could quite possibly be worse? Maybe Obama will be bad for the country, you could be quite right on that, but McCain could be equally destructive to the country, on the flip side either one could suprise us.

    Kyouri wrote:Third, we are not talking about McCain decades ago as Governor of Arizona, but what he's done since Arizona has continuously re-elected him into the Senate. Shoot, we could go back into Obama's local office stints, too, and I'm sure we'd find even more underhanded things that occurred. Politicians are politicians, but one only need read everything I've posted in this thread to ask, 'why doesn't Obama want to show the people the same information that ALL other politicians show when running for the presidency?' Anyone in their right mind would immediately wonder what the guy has to hide. It's not like anyone is asking to see anything as it pertains to his daughters, which I do feel should remain private at all costs.

    A canidates past is still their past regardless when you're dissecting a canidates past you have to look at everything regardless of how old it is because it all holds some relative value to the current sitation.

    While the americans have a freedom of information, we equally also have the freedom to privacy, I think that if a canidate doesn't want to disclose that information they shouldn't have to but you know that's me, I don't hold it against the guy, I think all this "OMG Obama has terrorist ties" is getting blown out of proportion, I don't like his views but I don't like the whole "OMG he's a terrorist" crap, Americans need to get over the paranoia.

    Kyouri wrote:Fourth, If Fred Thompson hadn't dropped out, I would have voted for him over McCain in a heartbeat. I might have even voted, if I could have, as (D) John Edwards as his vp. But, since we're left with these guys, and everyone knows that one or the other is going to win, again, I choose what I believe to be the lesser of the two evils.

    John Edwards... omg.. /puke... either way as I said I would have voted Ron Paul if I could, I didn't even vote for either or but I believe chosing the lesser of the 2 evils is just as bad as chosing the most evil.

    Kyouri wrote:Fifth, when it comes to abortion, I don't give a rats ass if McCain voted against it. It won't fly, and he knows that every time the issue comes up. However, 1) I totally appreciate the fact that he sticks to his morals on that, even though I disagree with it, and 2) it's much better than Obama voting for partial birth abortion and voting against any medical care for those babies if they are found to still be alive upon that early birth. That is down-right evil!!! But perhaps one needs to be a parent to appreciate that in the manner that I do, I don't know. While I agree that a woman.. AND a man.. about to have a child has the right to decide upon having that child, aborting that child, or giving it up for adoption, my personal feelings are to keep that child. But my personal feelings should not dictate what others do with their bodies. Although, again, a life is a life, and once that fetus is born, no matter how premature, it is up to the medical establishment to do what it can to keep that infant alive. There are millions of couples that cannot conceive and would love to adopt, but for Obama to say 'No'??? WTF???

    Where are you getting that Obama voted against medical cover for babies found to be alive upon the early birth? Because from looking at http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=9490 I can only see 5 issues that Obama has been present for in his time in office that have had to deal with Abortion and 3 of the issues he didn't vote on for various reasons, he voted Ney on Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act which is what I'm thinking you're refering to and this bill did pass but I remember this one being a poorly worded bill and it's a wonder it got passed. If this is not the bill you're refering to then please by all means enlighten me with a link to your source.
    avatar
    sharingan09
    hachi'dan
    hachi'dan


    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by sharingan09 on Wed 05 Nov 2008, 3:07 am

    Too late guys Obama won XD now we'll just have to see what he does.. xP
    avatar
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Kyouri Kai on Wed 05 Nov 2008, 8:21 am

    @ Shar.. Yep, Obama, and you're right, we'll just have to see what he does. And I can't say this enough, but I sooooo hope I'm proven wrong about him. The good thing is, Watari and I both have spouted off how we're proud that we aren't the 'average' person, and I have to say that I'm even more convinced now that I'm not.

    @ Watari.. While in the Illinois senate, there was an issue raised over the partial birth abortions, as it became an issue for a major Illinois hospital in Chicago (you went back into McCain's past, so I went back into Obama's), and it was brought up during the last debate that Obama voted FOR the bill to allow partial birth abortions and no medical care for the infant if it was found to still be alive because the infant wasn't actually a viable life yet.

    You mentioned before about Obama's name and how some people tie it with terrorism. While I can't speak for others, that is not something that I have done at any time throughout any of the posts that I've made. And his ties have been proven with his campaign as Illinois senator being held in the living room of Ayers (and why is this guy still walking the streets, btw?). He received funding from the leaders of Hamas, and up until he started running for president, he sat next to Farrakhan in church, the church were Wright preached about white supremacy and the downfall of America. Obama did not repudiate Wright until after he begins his presidential campaign??? Again, issues brought up in the debates that Obama didn't have a viable answer to, other than saying 'not true'. McCain, on the other hand, simply told the people to look it up. So...
    http://www.noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/10/13/updated-a-dangerous-mixture-of-lies-and-omissions-obama-ayers-wright-and-farrakhan/
    http://savagepolitics.com/?p=2156
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27538715/
    The above links were just looked up by me this morning and in no way had any bearing on my own opinion of how things were/are.

    Again, as it seems that we are stuck with Obama as our new president-elect, I truly hope that the sentiments I have, that is shared by many, are unfounded... although they are not mere rhetoric and unsubstantiated conspiracy theories. With any luck at all, Obama was using his NOI ties to boost him into the presidential seat so he can be true to his words 'change in America' as means for all and not just one nation.

    NOI = Nation of Islam
    avatar
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by blackmamba on Sun 09 Nov 2008, 3:07 am

    I'm a citizen of the United States, but I used to be pro-Obama. Both Obama and McCain have their own pros and cons. Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm a bit fuzzy of the details) but Obama is pro-same sex marriage, and abortion, while McCain is anti. But, I believe McCain wants to ban M-rated games in the United States. That includes GTA, if I'm not mistaken. Which sucks, really. And, Obama wants the "international" companies to be stationed only the U.S. I mean, seriously, wtf.

    Good thing I'm not living there to vote. It's such a hard decision.
    avatar
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Kyouri Kai on Sun 09 Nov 2008, 10:50 am

    Yes ma'am, a difficult decision indeed. While my ballot was cast to elect McCain, it wasn't McCain that I was voting for, as much as it was my voting against Obama. I know, doesn't make sense. But now that Obama is our new president-elect, the least we can do is give him a chance, although I have to admit that I'll be watching politics, as well as local news (although the media isn't a very reliable source) much closer in the next 4 years than I ever have before. oops
    avatar
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by blackmamba on Sun 09 Nov 2008, 11:57 am

    Lol, if I were a citizen of the U.S., I would probably do the same. I'm not voting for McCain. I'm just against Obama. o.o" I had to watch his acceptance speech on Youtube, for I have to do a paper about it. I don't know if my paper will go well, considering I dislike him, and I most part of it will probably contain the reasons why I don't like him. LOL.

    I will most probably watching politics much closer than I have before, too. Since I will be migrating there in a few months, I will most probably be affected by it. *sigh* I sure hope the four years would turn out good.
    avatar
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Kyouri Kai on Sun 09 Nov 2008, 12:40 pm

    Well, if nothing else, if the 4 years aren't good, they very well may be comical or sickening. No matter what tho, I bet they'll be entertaining. Neutral

    So a paper on Obama, eh? While I think everyone knows the multitude of reasons that I dislike him, on the flip side, he is an eloquent speaker (when given the speech or the telepromter), and alot of his ideas sound great. The one thing this country has needed for a very long time is 'change'. I just hope his 'mutt' status is not the only change we see. He termed himself a mutt during his first press conference as president-elect when talking about getting his daughters a dog. And I think that is one of the issues that I have that totally pisses me off - he is NOT a black president... even though he can literally say that he is an African-American by heritage because his father truly lives in Africa... but his mother was WHITE!!! Why can't people see that? OHHHH... because of his skin color... talk about being racist. I guess it's okay so long as it's not being derogatory, hm?

    Sorry Blackmamba, totally digressed there again. I said I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I will. Just hope to hear him say he's a mutt more often, not in a sense that I think he's an idiot, but that people (mainly Americans) need to stop seeing the color of his skin.

    "Judge not the color of a man's skin, but the content of his character." ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    avatar
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

    Knowledge :

    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Watari on Mon 10 Nov 2008, 7:37 pm

    Actually I was reading little tib bits from his book that he wrote and I may actually have to get the book and read the whole thing, this lady in my office was spouting all McCain and then about 3 days before the election she came in and was just lost, she said she read his book and was now torn.. so I started reading a bit and it's pretty interesting and I may actually have to give it a full read, she said she'll bring it back in to read when her friend gets done with it. So it might be something to look into for your paper BM.
    avatar
    KageSenko
    go'dan
    go'dan


    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by KageSenko on Mon 10 Nov 2008, 8:37 pm

    i think i heard of it Razz my teacher owns it, i think obama will do great as president



    Sponsored content


    Re: Obama = U.S. Disaster???

    Post by Sponsored content