Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

My Music Ed Major Days....

*TsuBasa*
    S-Class
    S-Class

My Music Ed Major Days....

Post by *TsuBasa* on Wed 12 Nov 2008, 7:43 pm

Just thought this would be the perfect place I could let you guys know what I've been up to.
    My major is challenging, to say the least, but I am managing.
    My Music Theory class is going really well. I foresee an A or high B for this semester.
    A sad note for me (maybe an Eminor chord--lol---music nerd joke) is that I will be retaking Aural I next semester. It is the one class I have struggled with all semester long. I don't believe it helped that my teacher is---uhm--well a bit of a....plant smoker? I'll just say that. I don't believe I learned much with him at all. Many dropped the class. I'm just going to have to retake it and live with it.
    My Women's Choir class is lots of fun and acts as my stress reliever--a reminder of why i love music and singing. Marching Band was lots of fun. I'll have to post a few youtube uploads that someone did of our show.

In two weeks I have my clarinet jury. Basically it's my clarinet final where I play a solo along with piano and get graded for it---kinda like a recital. It's only one movement so hopefully I'll be okay.
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge :

Re: My Music Ed Major Days....

Post by Kyouri Kai on Thu 13 Nov 2008, 11:15 am

Sorry to see that you've continued to struggle with Aural. I was really hoping that it would turn around for you. I take it it's a mandatory course? oops

Ooo.. can't wait to hear how your jury/recital goes. Sounds so... nerve-wracking and exciting. *sends out good ~vibes~ ..lol.. *
    *TsuBasa*
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by *TsuBasa* on Thu 13 Nov 2008, 7:18 pm

Yeah, I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I also have a Women's Choir concert to perform in this Sunday. I'm hoping both MetalOxide and Kb can go...maybe they can tape it.

And yep, Aural is a mandatory class. Music Theory and Aural. You can't progress with Music Theory until you pass both Music Theory I and Aural I. So since I'm retaking Aural I i won't be taking a music theory class next semester. Oh well....I'm sure I'll pass next time around. It won't take me as long to understand certain things...intervals, for instance.
    *TsuBasa*
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by *TsuBasa* on Sat 24 Jan 2009, 11:34 pm

well second semester is up and already i'm liking my new Aural class. There's not a soul in there who has perfect pitch so that makes me feel sooooo good about myself. LOL Last time there was a guy there who had perfect pitch and he made things difficult, answering in a bored, monotone voice before anyone else could figure out the chord the teacher was playing, much less the inversion.
    I'm taking Women's Chorus again which is still lots of fun and I'm taking a Band ensemble. Continuing with Japanese (for the minor) and continuing with my clarinet lessons of course. Oooh! Great news, i'll soon be getting my very own clarinet. A fancy one at that, the professional model that my instructor wants me to get. A Buffet R-13! I'm excited!

And I also recently bought an acoustic, nylon stringed classical guitar! I can't wait to continue with my guitar playing. It's been almost a year! I've missed the feel of calloused fingertips. I'm taking a guitar class this semester as well. It's a beginner class, so i may get a tad bit bored, but i want to master finger picking and scales. I never was very good at playing scales on guitar so i need to learn. =)
    Overall, I'm really excited for this semester!

Oh, and my clarinet jury last semester went well. I played much better than I had with my professor and I got a B for my final grade. I accept it considering I know i could have practiced harder. My GPA is still higher than a 3.1 so i'm okay even though I made an F in Aural.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content