Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Marching Band

*TsuBasa*
    S-Class
    S-Class

Marching Band

Post by *TsuBasa* on Wed 12 Nov 2008, 7:49 pm

Okay so I'm a giant band nerd. big grin
    Just wanted to show you guys our first show we had this year....(we learned two shows)

this is our latin show consisting of "FireDance" and "Cielito Lindo"

Firedance:

Cielito Lindo/La Negra:

And just so you guys can see the crazy diversity of marching bands here's one that played at our stadium. They were awesome and more about entertainment than whole musicality--think Drumline. They were awesome though!

stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class

Re: Marching Band

Post by stan_da_man on Wed 12 Nov 2008, 11:49 pm

nice Tsu! What instrument do you play?

I could have sworn I heard someone singing in the second vid lol
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge :

Post by Kyouri Kai on Thu 13 Nov 2008, 11:07 am

How many are in your band?

The choreography on the first video seemed simple enough, except the steps seemed to be at a different tempo than the trumpets chorus.. and those of us that have been in marching bands know that's not too simple.

The second one looked like it was fun to do! Alot of movement and design, and who wouldn't want to sing along to that?

The music sounded really really good in both of those videos, Tsu! yay

Hmm.. while the 3rd video, I know you said it was a different band, shows alot of movement in the first half.. they definitely are a more visual band than a strong one. They're pretty weak musically.. not that it may not sound good in real life, but it's difficult to actually make out what they're playing. Could just be me, tho. i don't know and from a former marching band drummer.. I like your band better

Lol.. the fourth video.. they all turned into a group of cheerleaders, although they sounded alot better. Looks like the choreographer needs to be mindful of the placement of instruments in all the designs.

Sorry for being so... critiqual.. lol.. tough not to be when you've done marching band for a few years.

I'd like to say that you look like you're enjoying yourself, but.. lol.. don't know which one is you. blink

Thanks for sharing, Tsu.. *starts singing* ~memories... ~
    *TsuBasa*
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by *TsuBasa* on Thu 13 Nov 2008, 6:35 pm

lol, i play clarinet.
    And I'm sure Kyouri knows that woodwinds ALWAYS get placed in the very back of almost all marching shows. I hardly feel it matters whether we play or not. We only stand out when we play upper register.

I'm not sure how many we have in our band. I'd probably guess almost 200....it looks like a lot of us sometimes---i'm not sure. i'll have to get back to you on that.

thanx for liking our band.
    Before that game our teaching assitants warned us that we would hear some---not tonal sounds coming form their band and not to mimic it. They told us they served a different purpose than we did. *shrug*
    It is fun. I'll have to find a video of our James Bond show. We perform it for the last time this Saturday. ^^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content