Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Obama's Grandmother's Funeral

Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge :

Obama's Grandmother's Funeral

Post by Kyouri Kai on Wed 12 Nov 2008, 9:36 pm

Ever since we heard of her death on the eve of the election, there hasn't been news on when her funeral is/was and whether or not Obama has/will be attending.

A small internet search turned up that her funeral is being picketed by Westboro Baptist Church, but nothing on mainstream media news. Even at that, no date has been given. Has anyone heard anything? And if not? Why not? It seemed big enough news for him to leave the campaign trail to go visit her (which turned out that his birth records were sealed by the governor of Hawaii at that time). So... what do you think is going on?
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge :

Re: Obama's Grandmother's Funeral

Post by Watari on Thu 13 Nov 2008, 5:46 pm

Not really sure I care too much about his grandmothers funeral, I say leave the man and his family be on this issue, everyone seems so intent on getting into the private lives of public people but even public people deserve privacy, especially in the event of a death.
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge :

Post by Kyouri Kai on Thu 13 Nov 2008, 7:05 pm

If I didn't know any better, Watari, I'd almost say that you're willing to blindly follow. That's one of the reasons, besides the fact that McCain just wasn't the better candidate, that the Republican party is now crashing.. no one wants to get to the finite details of things, preferring to just simply allow things to quietly slip under the rug.

While I completely agree that any person's private life is 'private', it is only private when in a private setting. As president of the United States, your life is not a private matter.. you are an employee of the people, and the people have the right to know if you're urinating too often, for it could be a sign of diabetes. (Extreme example, of course, cause I don't really care to know when anyone takes a piss.)

Honestly tho, how many people go over a week after their death before they're buried? And since the sealing of Obama's records was involved with the visit to his 'ailing' grandmother, then it IS of import as to what is really going on.

And before anyone pops off something mundane like birth records are private and no one has the right to look into them... sorry.. birth records are a matter of 'public' record, and when anyone is running for public office, especially one that governs the public at large, they have no right to hide their birth records.. just read the constitution of the United States. One MUST be a U.S. citizen to run for president. If one cannot or refuses to prove that they are a U.S. citizen, then that person should not be allowed to become president, as per the U.S. Constitution. I would much rather be proven wrong, than to allow someone to sidestep issues and hide the truth. If he's legal, what's the problem? It's not a privacy issue.
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge :

Post by Watari on Thu 13 Nov 2008, 7:29 pm

Well.. I just have to say you are raising an issue that regards privacy issue, even if you are a public servant it doesn't mean that the people should be let into every aspect of your life, to be quite honest I could care less about Obama's orgins or how odd it may seem he sealed his birth records when he went to visit his ailing grandmother, it's his right and he does have a right to that just like any other American.

Now what I do care about is, will he do a good job in the office?! I have no clue, I'm anxious to see how he does but honestly McCain wouldn't be able to do any better than Obama, he'd be in the same boat, with the same shit problems, and people still probing him about the same issues that bug us to this day. Both of their views just suck imo, that's why I voted for neither, I wouldn't even give McCain the benefit of the doubt or a mercy vote against Obama, of course it's not like Alaska's vote matters in the Electoral, before the polls even closed here they made that announcement.
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge :

Post by Kyouri Kai on Thu 13 Nov 2008, 8:20 pm

That does really suck for the likes of Alaska, Washington, Oregon, and Hawaii.. that for the most part, the winner is already decided before the votes are counted (and sometimes finished being cast) in those states. Hell, for the first time in Indiana, we didn't declare our electoral votes until 2am. Weird, but by that time, it didn't matter here, either.

As for any citizen being able to seal their birth records.. why don't you give it a try. It's not as easy as you think. You either need a court order, with a valid reason for obtaining it, or some pull.

I agree, that what matters is what he does while he's in office, and now that he's been elected, whether he's a citizen or not, isn't of much ado, but what does matter, is that anyone whose life is an open book, chooses to hide things that wouldn't matter if they were true, cannot be trusted.

Oh, btw.. I understand that Ayers is going to be on a talk-show in the morning.. no idea which one.. and updating his biography to include the fact that he did run Obama's campaign out of his living room.. lol. Imagine that.. it's either Obama turned on him and it's a lie, or else he's now coming clean because it no longer matters. Sorry, but I just can't stand liars.

Like I said in the Bailout thread.. I'm gonna grab my tons of popcorn and sit back and watch the show.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content