Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

MTV Video Music Awards 2009 LIVE

Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

MTV Video Music Awards 2009 LIVE

Post by Marijane on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 9:59 pm

As many of you know, I am a huge Taylor Swift fan! She is an all around, to me, great singer/song writer. Well last night she won the very first award of the night. (Doesn't really mean much, it was just the first award that they presented) It was 'Best Female Video of the Year'. Her song that was she won with was 'You Belong With Me.'

Anyway, she was standing there on stage saying that she was thankful and then the camera goes to Pink then comes back to her. At this time Kanye West (a singer) takes the microphone from her and well... Pretty much says that Beyonce (another singer) should have won the award.
    in all it comes to be an okay night for Taylor!
    Then in the end of the show.. Beyonce won the 'Best Video of the Year'
    Here is a video to go with both parts.

Please give me your say in this whole thing!
    Oh and .. i didnt make this video.. :p so there for.. i was not the one that swore! XD
    Ichigobleachfan
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Re: MTV Video Music Awards 2009 LIVE

Post by Ichigobleachfan on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 10:11 pm

I just still can't believe that anyone would do that type of thing. I can't imagine what Taylor was feeling at that moment. I really think that he should apologize to her, because what he did, was just plain wrong.
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge :

Post by Kyouri Kai on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 10:15 pm

I saw the headlines this morning about Kanye West doing something to Taylor Swift but didn't read it.... I agree, what he did was wrong and should have been kicked out of the place. And personally, I don't like Beyonce anyway..... little tart!
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 10:17 pm

AGREED! And all in all that was a immature thing to do.. to anyone.. and he should even more so have to say sorry for the simple fact it was LIVE!!
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 10:23 pm

I think he shoudld get his aRse kicked... I mean... WTH?!?! Let her hae her moment! *shakes head* Who cares about your opinion!?!
    KageSenko
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by KageSenko on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 10:45 pm

holy crap thats the most f'ed up thing someone could do... she looked like she was going to cry

edited word..... we need to try and get back to our roots... //Kyouri

Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 11:02 pm

*nods* I felt SOO bad for her..
    KageSenko
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by KageSenko on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 11:11 pm

me, my sister, and my bro-in-law were like "WTF" and "WHOA" and stuff... that stunt was really cruel and everyone was stunned

YukariSendou
    san'dan
    san'dan

Post by YukariSendou on Tue 15 Sep 2009, 6:57 am

It is unbelievable that a grown man of his age acted like a child! I have started to listen to Taylor Swift, and several of her songs hits a spot that, even I'm surprised existed. I had logged on to my email late morning and I saw that video. I felt like crying for her. No one deserves that! Especially from a man who had no reason to be up there in the first place.
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge :

Post by Kyouri Kai on Tue 15 Sep 2009, 4:58 pm

By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY, AP Music Writer Nekesa Mumbi Moody, Ap Music Writer 40 mins ago

NEW YORK It looks like Kanye West has finally given a personal apology to Taylor Swift.

Representatives from "The View" say West called the country sensation after her appearance on Tuesday's show. During the broadcast, the 19-year-old singer said West had yet to contact her to apologize for hijacking her acceptance speech on the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday.

"He has not personally reached out or anything but if he wanted to say hi (I would)," said Swift.

After Swift's comments, West called her and the two spoke, according to a statement from "The View."

"After the show he spoke personally to the country music superstar via telephone and has apologized to the 19-year-old singer. She has accepted Mr. West's apology. The contents of the phone call are to remain private," it read.

Afterward, Swift told ABC News Radio: "He was very sincere in his apology and I accepted that apology."

It's the latest in the saga that has caused a national uproar. The drama began after Swift beat out Beyonce and other acts to win best female video at the VMAs for her hit "You Belong With Me."

Swift, the first country act to win at the VMAs, was exuberant after her win, but that moment didn't last long as West known for his awards-show meltdowns grabbed the microphone and declared that Beyonce's "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" was one of the "best videos of all time."

A shaken Swift did not finish her speech at that moment, but when Beyonce later won for video of the year, she brought Swift out so that she could have her moment.

When asked about the incident during her appearance on "The View," Swift said: "I'm not gonna say that I wasn't rattled by it. I had to perform live five minutes later so I had to get myself back to the place where I could perform."

However, she said she was gratified by the outpouring of support not only from fans, but also from celebrities and others who offered support immediately after the incident occurred.

"There were a lot of people around me backstage that were saying wonderful, incredible things and just having my back," she said. "I just never imagined that there were that many people looking out for me."

West has taken a drubbing since then. While he issued two apologies on his blog after the incident, he gave another, emotional one on Monday's premiere of "The Jay Leno Show."

"It was rude, period," West said. " ... I need to, after this, take some time off and just analyze how I'm going to make it through the rest of this life, how I'm going to improve."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/ap_en_ot/us_people_taylor_swift
    KageSenko
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by KageSenko on Tue 15 Sep 2009, 6:08 pm

it is still f'ed up but since he apologized it should make up for something... there are some people that wont apologize after they clearly did something wrong

edited word..... we need to try and get back to our roots... //Kyouri

Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane on Tue 15 Sep 2009, 8:32 pm

Hmm, well Kyo thanks for posting that! I am glad that he did say sorry. And that she forgave him.

I remember right after this happen that I went out and was telling my dad about it. And my aunt was visiting. And I told them that I thought that somewhere that it would be on the news. I didn't think though that it would be this popular! But I am glad that it did kinda, so that everyone knew what he did.
    Again... Thanks Kyo!
    Ichigobleachfan
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Post by Ichigobleachfan on Tue 15 Sep 2009, 9:19 pm

Yeah, thanks Kyo, it is nice that he said he was sorry, but he should have never done it in the first place. But at least he apologized and she forgave him, and that's what matters. Still people are going to be upset about the whole thing, so I don't know how that is going to turn out.
    KageSenko
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by KageSenko on Wed 16 Sep 2009, 1:52 am

lol sorry for the cussing Razz, West needs that vacation xD

YukariSendou
    san'dan
    san'dan

Post by YukariSendou on Wed 16 Sep 2009, 8:31 am

When I checked on the video after the VMA's were over, the video popped up on Yahoo! and that wasn't even an hour after the VMA's were done. The video had 20 thousand comments on Kanye's attitude. And I have not seen after that.
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane on Wed 16 Sep 2009, 9:08 pm

@ Kage! Yes, I am thinking that he does!!

A@ Yukari - Yea, I know the 'Post Show' had it on there. And that was live. And on there, they said that the most talked about thing from the VMA's was this. I really didn't think that it would get this big this fast.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content