Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Brazil toddler has 50 sewing needles inside body [Updated]

Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge :

Brazil toddler has 50 sewing needles inside body [Updated]

Post by Kyouri Kai on Wed 16 Dec 2009, 3:26 pm

I have no idea what to say to this... leaves me dumbfounded and sad.

Associated Press wrote:By MARCO SIBAJA, Associated Press Writer 1 hr 2 mins ago

BRASILIA, Brazil A 2-year-old Brazilian boy has as many as 50 metal sewing needles inside his body and a doctor treating the boy said Wednesday they were apparently stuck there one by one.

Dr. Luiz Cesar Soltoski told The Associated Press that surgeons hope to remove most of the needles some as long as 2 inches (5 centimeters)_ but because some are stuck in his lungs, they have to wait until the child's breathing improves.

Some cannot be removed; they are too close to vital organs or actually inside them, Soltoski said.

The boy's mother, a maid, brought him to a hospital in the small northeastern city of Ibotirama on Thursday, saying he was complaining of pain. Three days later, after X-rays revealed some of the needles, doctors had him shifted to a larger hospital in Barreiras.

The mother told police she doesn't know how the needles got inside her son, but police have opened an investigation. The boy's name was withheld because of his age.

The boy's father, Gessivaldo Alves, told Brazil's A Tarde newspaper that he believes his son could have been a victim of a black magic ritual. Alves said he visited the home where the boy was living with his mother and stepfather and found unspecified items that could be used for black magic, A Tarde reported.

Police statements so far have not mentioned a possible cause for the needles and the police inspector in charge of the case, Helder Fernandes Santana, did not immediately return telephone messages left Wednesday seeking comment.

Soltoski said he believes the needles were stuck into the child's body one by one because it would have been impossible for him to swallow them.

"We think it could have only been by penetration because we found needles in the lung, the left leg and in different parts of the thorax. It couldn't have been by ingestion," Soltoski said.

Doctors found no signs of outside wounds on the boy, but X-ray images carried by Brazilian Web sites clearly showed some of the needles inside his body.

The boy is in intensive care, but Soltoski said his condition has improved since he was admitted.

___

Associated Press Writer Alan Clendenning contributed from Sao Paulo.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091216/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_brazil_boy_needles

Last edited by Kyouri Kai on Fri 18 Dec 2009, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
    Lrules364
    go'dan
    go'dan

Re: Brazil toddler has 50 sewing needles inside body [Updated]

Post by Lrules364 on Wed 16 Dec 2009, 4:10 pm

it was definatly the power of dark magic that did this. No matter what they say, the boy was cursed by dark magic that either had the needles appear or be summoned. Any way you look at this one though, it is still ef'ed up beyond belief. This is EXACTLY why you should NEVER play with dark magic. leave it to it's own little realm and go on about your life. (I think there is an episode of Haunted that has an explination for why people are attracted to the dark forces of this world.)
    KageSenko
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by KageSenko on Wed 16 Dec 2009, 8:14 pm

poor kid... he must really be in pain

Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane on Wed 16 Dec 2009, 11:22 pm

Wow.. I really hate when bad things happen to people and it's unexplainable. I mean.. for real the kid is 2 years old.. there is no way that he did it himself.. and even if he did.. I mean.. he had to of been held down.. cause there is no way that this kid would have sat still through needles being somehow, put into his body..
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 on Thu 17 Dec 2009, 1:34 pm

*Tears up* That truly sucks. I want to hug that kid for being so strong I mean if I had 10 needles IN me I think I'd be crying.. but he had 50!!! *shakes head in disbelief*
    sharingan09
    hachi'dan
    hachi'dan

Post by sharingan09 on Thu 17 Dec 2009, 2:36 pm

What astounds me is that anyone would do this to a child, black magic or not
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge :

Post by Kyouri Kai on Thu 17 Dec 2009, 3:18 pm

*nods* In total agreement with you, Shar! That's the part that dumbfounded me. I got angry at the idea of someone putting those in that poor child, got angry thinking that maybe the mother was an idiot that didn't keep a close enough eye on her son... just got angry, but overall, the poor lil guy suffering through that pain... sickening!
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane on Thu 17 Dec 2009, 10:49 pm

*nods* I agree with you also Shar and Kyo!
    And yea, I don't have kids.. but at the same time.. to think that something like happen to a little kid.. wow..
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge :

Post by Kyouri Kai on Fri 18 Dec 2009, 10:48 am

UPDATE:

Associated Press wrote:Police: Brazilian Toddler Stuck With Needles In Rituals

by The Associated Press
    December 17, 2009

The stepfather of a 2-year-old boy found with 42 sewing needles in his body confessed to jabbing them into the toddler during a month of rituals with a lover who he claimed received instructions through trances, Brazilian police said Thursday.

Roberto Carlos Magalhaes, a 30-year-old bricklayer, told detectives the woman went into trances and would "command him to stick the needles in the boy's body," police inspector Helder Fernandes Santana said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press.

The woman, Angelina Ribeiro dos Santos, paid to have the needles measuring up to 2 inches (5 centimeters) blessed by a woman who practices the Afro-Brazilian religion Candomble and convinced Magalhaes that inserting them into the boy would somehow allow them to be together, Santana said. Police, however, believe she was out for revenge on the mother.

The two held sessions every few days over a full month in which Magalhaes stuck the needles into the boy several at a time, Santana said.

"According to his confession, he acted under influence of the woman, but it was he who stuck the needles in the boy's body," the inspector said. Magalhaes and dos Santos were arrested, though no charges have yet been filed.

Dos Santos is not believed to be a member of any religious or occult group, and authorities believe she came up with the idea of the rituals on her own, Santana said.

Authorities also detained the woman who blessed the needles so she could be questioned, but Santana said he expects she will be released without charge because she did not know how they were being used.

Magalhaes denied involvement when he was first questioned on Monday, but confessed after police detained him on Wednesday, Santana said.

An enraged crowd of more than 100 people surrounded and hurled rocks at the police station in the small northeastern city of Ibotirama, where the suspects were held Wednesday night. Santana said they broke out a window of his own car because they wrongly believed the suspects were in it.

Extra police were called in to restore order and protect the suspects. They were then taken to an undisclosed lockup for their own protection, and it was not immediately clear whether they had legal representation.

The child was airlifted to a hospital in northeastern Brazil on Thursday because two of the needles are close to his heart, but it was not immediately clear when doctors might be able to remove them.

Surgeons in the city of Barreiras in Bahia state, where the boy had been hospitalized since Sunday, had decided not to try to remove any needles immediately for fear they could cause more damage.

Doctors located 42 needles in the boy, who was in stable condition after a 240-mile (390-kilometer) flight to the hospital in the coastal city of Salvador that has a special heart unit.

Hospital spokeswoman Susy Moreno said an evaluation of when to perform surgery on the boy probably would not be finished until Friday. He was in an intensive care unit but was conscious, had undergone a battery of X-rays and was receiving antibiotics, a hospital statement said. While the boy was admitted with some internal bleeding, the blood was drained and he did not appear in imminent danger of more bleeding.

The boy's mother, a maid, took him to a hospital in Ibotirama, population about 25,000, on Dec. 10, saying he was complaining of pain.

After X-rays revealed the cause, the mother told police she didn't know how the needles got inside her son, whose name was not released because of his age.

Police and doctors concluded it would have been impossible for the boy to have ingested the needles - which have been also been found in a lung, his left leg and spread throughout his abdomen.

Afro-Brazilian religions practiced in Brazil have no ceremonies, rituals or practices involving harm to people, said Nelson Inocencio, director of African-Brazilian studies at the University of Brasilia.

He worried that the incident could hurt the image of the religions, of which Candomble is the most popular, and concentrated most in Bahia state.

"African religions in Brazil suffer from prejudice and discrimination," he said. "What happened to this boy without a doubt could feed into the prejudice against Afro-Brazilian traditions."
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=121591727&ft=1&f=1004
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge :

Post by Kyouri Kai on Fri 18 Dec 2009, 10:58 am

Afro-Brazilian religions practiced in Brazil have no ceremonies, rituals or practices involving harm to people, said Nelson Inocencio, director of African-Brazilian studies at the University of Brasilia.

He worried that the incident could hurt the image of the religions, of which Candomble is the most popular, and concentrated most in Bahia state.

"African religions in Brazil suffer from prejudice and discrimination," he said. "What happened to this boy without a doubt could feed into the prejudice against Afro-Brazilian traditions."
    *shakes head* Who gives a damn about how the Afro-Brasilian religion is viewed at this moment!? The only thing that matters is that a grown human being stuck long needles into a little child! If it isn't part of their religious practice, then no reason to worry over anything except for this child's safety. Gah! The mindset of some people... he's no better than the asshat that stuck that little boy numerous times... no... embedded needles into this little boy.

Now that the truth??? is out, I say punish the guy and the woman who allegedly told him to do it (if in fact she did), in like kind... except... triple the needle count or at least the size! lil devil

Another update:

Associated Press wrote:SAO PAULO Surgeons on Friday successfully removed four sewing needles that were inside the lung and close to the heart of a Brazilian toddler, allegedly plunged inside him by his stepfather during a monthlong series of bizarre rituals.

The surgery lasted about three hours and the boy was in stable condition after the procedure, said Susy Moreno, a spokeswoman for the hospital in the northeastern city of Salvador where the boy was in intensive care.

"He's OK, the surgery was a success, he's doing fine," she said in a telephone interview.

Dozens more needles remain are still inside the boy's body, but the four removed were considered the most threatening to his life.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091218/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_brazil_boy_needles

Good news!
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane on Sat 19 Dec 2009, 12:49 am

Well, it is a good thing that they got a few out.. but there are still a lot more left

All in all.. the people that did this.. make me sick.. how can you do that to this poor little boy!?
    At least they are getting closer to the little boy feeling better.. but if they can only take a few out at a time.. that is gunna be a lot of surgeries and also .. even some are gunna be there forever from the sounds of it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content