Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Post by Marijane on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 8:45 pm

My friends and I started watching this show about.. I guess I am not sure how long ago.. when ever it started.. and now we are hooked.. it is something completely different than anything else I have ever seen.. and some parents might not agree with their child watching it.. but my mom watches it also.. so I think that i am good..

here is a small summary

Spoiler:
    The Secret Life of the American Teenager (often shortened to Secret Life) is a television series created by Brenda Hampton. It first premiered on ABC Family on July 1, 2008. The show was renewed for a second season consisting of 24 episodes on February 9, 2009,[1] which began airing on June 22, 2009.[2] The first season focuses on the relationships between families and friends and how they deal with the unexpected teenage pregnancy of character Amy Juergens, who is portrayed by Shailene Woodley.
    In the second season, Amy Juergens must deal with juggling motherhood
    and high school, while her family and friends experience relationship
    challenges of their own. [3][4]
    The series received generally negative reviews from most mainstream
    critics when it began broadcasting, but was extremely well received
    among viewers. The pilot episode broke the record for highest rated
    debut for ABC Family, which has been broken by the second series premiere, beating Kyle XY, with 2.82 million viewers, and the season one finale brought in 4.50 million viewers, beating the night's Gossip Girl
    which had almost half its usual number of viewers. The second season
    premiere earned mostly positive reviews from critics and was praised
    and extremely well received among viewers. Secret Life opened
    its second season with the largest audience so far, posting a series
    high in Total Viewers with 4.68 million viewers and is the No. 1
    scripted original premiere of Summer 2009 in Adults 18-34.[5] The show has also earned the Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer TV Show during its premiere season.[6][7] It currently airs on Monday at 8/7c on ABC Family in the U.S. and on Citytv in Canada.
    Ichigobleachfan
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Re: The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Post by Ichigobleachfan on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 11:57 pm

Oh, I kinda watch that, Razz It's okay and I've seen the whole first season, but I got busy and wasn't able to watch the second, so I have no idea what's happening, but I did watch some of it today!
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge :

Post by Kyouri Kai on Tue 05 Jan 2010, 4:24 pm

lmao! The title alone makes me laugh... and a bit angry. I guess overall, instead of parents getting so upset over a show like this, it might actually behoove them to watch it and learn something! However, I admit that not only have I never seen it, I never heard of it. oops
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane on Tue 05 Jan 2010, 10:56 pm

Yea.. I see what you are days.. and it talks a lot about.. pregnancy ... etc.. and so some parents some parents don't like it.. but I think that it is okay
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 on Wed 06 Jan 2010, 6:49 pm

Lol. I kinda watched it when ever I could.. Till one episode when the girl was wining about how she couldn't hang out with her friends cause she had to take care of her kid... (*Really wanted to smack her* I donno, I lost interest in the show after that.. But I was told to watch it, so I did, n I haveto admit it wasn't a bad episode.
    KageSenko
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by KageSenko on Thu 07 Jan 2010, 10:21 pm

i watch it, it's a great show, kinda pissed how that new mommy is a bitch to her bf...

Lrules364
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Lrules364 on Thu 07 Jan 2010, 11:01 pm

Kyouri Kai wrote:lmao! The title alone makes me laugh... and a bit angry. I guess overall, instead of parents getting so upset over a show like this, it might actually behoove them to watch it and learn something! However, I admit that not only have I never seen it, I never heard of it. oops

I'd stay away from this one too. It is just another drama show like on abc. they will run it for a few years and then kill it. But Kyo is right. The title suggests that parents should keep a better eye on their kids rather than let them do whatever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content