Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Vamped

Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Vamped

Post by Brutefox16 on Wed 03 Feb 2010, 9:44 am

Fashion-conscious teen Gina Covello is seriously ticked off when she wakes up dead, in a really ugly dress. Even worse, she can’t see her reflection. Her sire, a former chess geek with a crush on her who’s now a hottie, is a definite plus, but unfortunately, he’s also at the
    center of a prophecy, being used for a political power-grab by Mellisande, the
    vampire who sired him. Suddenly, Gina isn’t the center of attention anymore. She
    doesn’t have any true friends, and the surprisingly large population of vamped
    out high school students treat her like an outcast. But while Gina may be out,
    she’s not down. She’s charismatic, outspoken, pragmatic, and politically
    incorrect, with snarky names for her evil nemesis, and plenty of forward
    momentum.

Diver succeeds at creating a grim and very creepy atmosphere at times, as well as some very disturbing characters, but she fails to make Gina likable or sympathetic. Instead, she comes across as a former "mean girl", selfish, insecure, and very high maintenance. It’s a little
    grating to watch her grow more and more dependent on her “boyfriend” and sire,
    Bobby, and, given her general approach to life, it requires considerable
    suspension of disbelief as well. Still, Diver’s writing can be witty, although
    occasionally repetitive- there are a limited number of times that one can poke
    fun at a vampire's vanity by pointing out that she can't see herself in the
    mirror. Vamped is a far cry from Twilight. There’s more suspense
    and intrigue than there is conflicted romance. WHICH IS A PLUS!! (in my opinion)
    Ichigobleachfan
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Re: Vamped

Post by Ichigobleachfan on Wed 03 Feb 2010, 6:51 pm

Oooooh, I saw this book the other day, and I was going to pick it up, but I didn't know if i was really that good, I might have to read it now! Razz Thanks.
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 on Fri 05 Feb 2010, 6:52 pm

*Laughs* I know! I wasn't going to get it! BUT~ I ended up running out of books to read (I go through them quick during my breaks) so I picked it up one day. I ended up doing a review over the book for English Razz
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane on Sat 06 Feb 2010, 11:29 pm

This book looks really good, I saw it the other day at the library.. and thought about getting it.. but I have not grabbed it.. I will look into it tho when I finish the book that I am reading at the moment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content